For most Canadians, their first experience with a bank account was opening one as a child. Your first bank account probably housed birthday money and earnings from summer jobs with a manual balance book that you’d stamp each time you deposited at your local branch.
- 3% Earn 3% back in travel rewards on travel-related purchases.
- 2% Earn 2% in travel rewards on gas, grocery, and drugstore purchases.
- 1% Earn 1% on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fee
- First-year annual fee rebate
- $100 annual travel enhancement credit
- Rewards accumulate on almost every dollar spent with the card
- High annual fee for primary cardholders
- High income and credit score requirement
The HSBC World Elite Mastercard is a travel rewards credit card intended for the high-earning frequent traveller, whether that’s by air, train, cruise ship, or car. With no foreign transaction fee, this card is an attractive option for those who plan to spend frequently while abroad. You can earn rewards on travel and other categories like gas and groceries, and put those rewards toward a variety of other travel-related expenses.